My family has food allergies and I have to get created with meals that don’t have eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, dairy and gluten. It looks complicated and I asked myself so many times, “What can they eat?”. I did my own research what I could use instead of eggs and wheat flour.
2 eggs = 1 ripe banana or 2 tbsp applesauce or 2 tbsp olive oil
Wheat flour = rice flour or tapioca flour
- 1 3/4 cups pure pumpkin purée (1, 14 oz can)
- 3/4 cup full-fat coconut milk (can, shake well before measurement)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch or potato starch
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 vegan pie crust
- Preheat your oven to 350F (180C)
- Have your unbaked 9” pie shell ready
- Add the pumpkin, coconut milk, brown sugar, cornstarch, maple syrup, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt to a blender or a large bowl. Mix well.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the pie crust. Use a spatula to spread the pumpkin evenly and smooth out the top. Bake for 60 mins. When you remove it from the oven, the edges might be slightly cracked and the middle will still look wobbly. Let it cool, and then chill in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hrs or overnight until completely set.
Don’t forget to follow me on LTK